Helsinki Shipyard develops and builds the most advanced products and solutions to match the customers’ business needs.
Helsinki shipyard is a renowned builder of high-class passenger ships, in close co-operation with our partners in the European shipbuilding cluster. We have always been a forerunner in utilizing new solutions and unique features. We have delivered the most desired and lucrative ships to our customers.
Passenger ships built in Helsinki
Ferries (1358-1362, Tallink, Viking, Brittany Ferries)
- NB1358 Viking XPRS, Passenger Ferry, delivered in 2008 to Viking Line.
- Special features – Viking Line’s first new building for the Helsinki–Tallinn route and also Viking Line’s first fast cruise ferry.
- NB1361 Baltic Princess, Cruise Ferry, delivered in 2008 to Tallink
- NB1362 Armorique, Passenger Ferry, delivered in 2009 to Brittany Ferries.
- Special features – Armorique is particularly fuel efficient as well as environmentally-friendly by keeping CO2 emissions to a minimum.
Cruise ships (Fantasy, Spirit, Europa)
- NB479, Fantasy, Cruise ship, delivered in 1990 to Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc., forming a series of 8 ships.
- Special features – First DC – DC diesel electric cruise ship equipped with ABB cyclonconverters, and the last 2 equipped with podded propulsion, the first in the World to be installed on cruise ships.
- NB495 Europa, Cruise Ship, delivered in 1999 to Hapag-Lloyd AG.
- Special features – The first 5+ star cruise ship built in Helsinki.
- NB499 Carnival Spirit, Cruise Ship, delivered in 2001 to Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc.
- Special features – The largest cruise ship ever built in Helsinki and eventually a series of 6 ships.